The church shares with the worldwide Christian faith basic doctrinal beliefs that are deemed essential to her core. We affirm the expression of these as set out in great creeds of the church such as the Apostles and Nicene Creed.
We affirm that:
- There is One God revealed to us in the loving Community of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus came to earth from heaven to live as one of us, died to forgive us from our sins, rose from the dead to give us hope, returned to heaven to prepare a place for us, and will come again to restore a new heaven and new earth.
- Jesus died for everybody, and is the only way to God through personal faith in Him.
- The Holy Spirit goes ahead of us, works in the world, brings us to faith, cleans up our life, and helps us follow Jesus.
- The followers of Jesus are called to live a life of love, a life of integrity, a life like Christ which is only made possible by the Holy Spirit transforming us inside.
- The Bible is God’s Word to us.
- The Church is made up of all those who love, serve and follow Jesus and is called to be a community of hope to the world.
- The sacraments of baptism and communion are given to express and deepen faith.
- There is a glorious hope for the people of God beyond death and that God is making all things new.